Partners in Education
The following external website links are to the Renfrew County District School Board (RCDSB)'s partners in education and are provided for your convenience. Any questions regarding the content on these sites should be directed to the webmasters of these sites.
- Ontario Ministry of Education - promotes a strong, vibrant, publicly funded education system focused on high levels of student achievement, reduced gaps in student achievement, and increased public confidence in publicly funded education.
- Ottawa Region MISA Professional Network Centre - works to improve student achievement through the MISA (Managing Information for Student Achievement) initiative of the Ontario Ministry of Education. The Eastern Ontario Staff Development Network administers the Centre, with the Ottawa Catholic School Board as financial administrator, funding by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) - is a school-to-work transition program offered through Ontario secondary schools. Full-time students in Grades 11 and 12 can earn cooperative education credits through work placements in skilled trades.
- Ontario College of Teachers - licenses, governs and regulates the Ontario teaching profession in the public interest. Teachers who work in publicly funded schools in Ontario must be certified to teach in the province and be members of the College. For a poster of tools and resources the Ontario College of Teachers has, click here.
Kids Plus Accident Insurance
Our school board is offering you the opportunity to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance through the Kids Plus Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
Kids Plus Accident Insurance provides protection against unexpected costs arising from accidental injuries. The program is especially valuable for families who:
- do not have medical or dental plans,
- have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
- have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
Kids Plus Accident Insurance has a selection of plans to suit most budgets. Benefits include coverage for:
- The full school year (September to September), 24 hours a day, while at home and in school;
- Expenses that are often limited or not covered by private or group insurance plans, or Provincial Health Insurance Plans, such as ambulance, physiotherapy, private tutoring, counselling, and much more;
- Injury-related dental treatment (including future dental treatment up to age 26);
- Out-of-province or country emergency medical expenses.
If your address changes during the school year, your Kids Plus Accident Insurance plan is transferable from school Insurance premiums for children are $14.50 or $33.50 per year, depending on the plan selected. A discount is available for families with 3 or more children. Adults age 20 to 64 can also be insured for $32 per year.
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.kidsplus.ca
, or speak with a Kids Plus Client Service Administrator at 1-800-556-7411.