|Highview Public School Kindergarten students show off some of their work during a busy school day.
All Renfrew County District School Board elementary schools provide full day, every day early learning in the Kindergarten program.
Kindergarten education teams, comprised
of a teacher and an early childhood educator, create opportunities to support optimal learning in the Kindergarten program.
The learning environment allows the
- Develop the ability to make and
be responsible for their own decisions
- Solve problems, explore and inquire
- Develop self-esteem and self-confidence
- Explore personal abilities and talents
- Develop language skills, speaking, listening, early reading, early writing
- Develop a love for learning
- Develop physical skills, motor co-ordination and a healthy lifestyle
- Develop skills in mathematics, science and technology
You are your child's first and most important teacher. Your child's best learning happens when he or she is spending time with you doing activities that are fun and interesting. This is play based learning. Studies show that during playtime, children are most receptive to new information and skills. Through play you can stimulate your child to learn, problem-solve, communicate, negotiate, roleplay and make decisions - skills that help your child become a successful learner.
Every RCDSB school in Renfrew County provides a wide range of services and opportunities for all students to grow and learn in a supportive environment where individual differences are recognized and the full potential of all is promoted. If your child has special needs, please share this information with the principal when you register so that services and support can be put in place to make the transition to school as smooth as possible.
Countdown to Kindergarten handbook
Ontario Ministry of Education Website
Ministry of Children and Youth Services Website - Best Start
Kindergarten Admission Information
- Junior Kindergarten, children must be four years of age on or before Dec. 31 of the current school year
- Senior Kindergarten, children must be five years of age on or before Dec. 31 of the current school year.
- Junior Kindergarten students who attended in the current school year do not need to re-register for Senior Kindergarten.
Registration for RCDSB Junior and Senior Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year will be held from Monday, Jan. 23 to Friday, Jan. 27 and Monday, Jan. 30 to Friday, Feb. 3, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at each school. Registrations are also welcomed at any time by contacting the school.
Visit our Registration and Transfers page for detailed information on how to register a student new to the RCDSB.
If you have further questions about the registration process, contact the elementary school nearest you.
RCDSB Assistant Superintendent of Education
613-735-0151 ext. 3316
1-800-267-1098 ext. 3316