Code of Conduct and Behaviour
As part of the Renfrew County District School Board's (RCDSB) commitment to safe, caring and respectful schools, we strive to establish a positive learning and working environment that recognizes the dignity and worth of every member of the district community. We work diligently to provide secure surroundings where all members are safe and feel safe.
Respect, Civility and Responsible Citizenship
All school members must:
- Respect and comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws;
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity (i.e. avoidance of plagiarism);
- Respect differences in people, their ideas and opinions;
- Treat one another with dignity and respect at all times, and especially when there is disagreement;
- Respect and treat others fairly, regardless of ancestry, culture, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, language, physical and intellectual ability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status;
- Respect the rights of others;
- Employ non-violent means to resolve conflicts;
- Show proper care and regard for school property and the property of others;
- Adhere to administrative procedures with regard to the use of technology;
- Take appropriate measures to help those in need;
- Respect all members of the school community, especially persons in positions of authority;
- Respect the need of others to work in an environment that is conducive to learning and teaching; and
- Attend to responsibilities in a punctual manner.
All members of the school community must not:
- Engage in bullying behaviours;
- Commit sexual assault;
- Traffic in weapons or illegal drugs;
- Give alcohol to a minor;
- Commit robbery;
- Be in possession of any weapon, including firearms;
- Use any object to threaten or intimidate another person;
- Cause injury to any person with an object;
- Be in possession of, or under the influence of, or provide others with alcohol or illegal drugs;
- Smoke on school premises; on school buses or in taxis; or on school outings, trips or excursions;
- Inflict or encourage others to inflict bodily harm on another person;
- Engage in hate propaganda and other forms of behaviour motivated by hate or bias; or
- Commit an act of vandalism that causes extensive damage to school property or to property located on the premises of the school.
For complete information on roles and responsibilities and the RCDSB's Code of Conduct, please refer to Administrative Procedure 140 - Code of Conduct (PDF, 25 kB) and Administrative Procedure 141 - Computers: Network, Internet and Electronic Devices (PDF, 72 kB). You can also visit our Electronic Devices and Network web page.